Windswept Film Productions is a newly founded film group set on bringing public awareness on environmental and social issues to beyond African Borders.
Founded in 2014, Windhoek Namibia.
Windswept created their first "off-the-chart" film in 2013 before turning their attention to the serious poaching crisis taking place on African elephants and rhino.
Teaming up with international figures to try and conserve nature by bringing awareness out to the far reaches of the world, giving first hand accounts to current problems to public beyond Africa.
Windswept Films has proudly joined forces with ISAP: Intelligence Support Against Poaching. Visit their website at:
CURRENT FOCUS & PROJECT
"The Trader's List"
The poaching crisis in Southern Africa has reached an all-time high, with over 1000 rhinos poached in South Africa in 2014. Kenya is on the verge of declaring a “National Emergency” due to their poaching crisis.
The real reason for the poaching is not the poachers themselves, but the demand for rhino and elephant products, both as mythical and ornamental products. Statistics reveal that more than 80% of consumers – mostly Asian – are unaware of the crisis and where these products originate.
The objective is to sensitize audiences to the situation in African Countries concerning these magnificent creatures and to create awareness of their plight among consumers of these products; a cry for help in the protection and conservation of the world’s first and second largest land-mammals.
The poaching crisis is of Global concern. In over a hundred cities worldwide, people are protesting to have their voices heard in order to give a voice to these creatures so mindlessly slaughtered every 9 hours.
Despite the many documentaries featuring the brave men and women on the front lines of these wars, it is important to remember that ultimately, people respond better to situations they can relate to – an element which a feature film has the potential to offer.
Windswept is steering away from the typical "Macho" characters of modern films and are instead focusing on a basic, common down-to-earth character whom everyone can relate to on some level or another.
Help Us by Getting Involved in Spreading Awareness:
• General Manager of Windswept Film
• Author of 6 published titles
• Writer, Producer & Director of the Namibian Feature Film Light Bulb
• Founder & Head Instructor of Earth Rhythm Wilderness Awareness & Survival Shcool
• Accounts Manager of Windswept Film
• Stage Actor and choreographer
• Supporting Actor in Namibian Feature film Light Bulb
• Screenplay Writer
• Coordinator and admin for Windswept Film
• Make-up Artist
• Light Bulb (2013) (Two Namibian Film Award Nominations)
• Support & involvement in Earth Rhythm Wilderness Awareness for Children
• Trader's List (in progress)
- Working in ties with ISAP (Intelligence Support Against Poaching)